…Go Fly a Kite
Posted by Zer
The expression. “go fly a kite,” is usually meant to tell someone to take a hike. Today, rest assured, I’m using it in a different way.
While it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, flying a kite is one of life’s simple pleasures. It lets you stop and just be for a while. Which is something most of us could use a little help with.It’s easy to get wrapped up in the future, and even easier to be consumed by the past. While it’s important to plan ahead and fun to reminisce. It can distract from the present.
It seems like a silly thing to forget, after all the present is where we are. Still it seems a lot of the time we linger in the past present or future present.
Now I’m not suggesting you quit your job, and go follow your bliss. Although, you do you. However, a re-evaluation of what is stressing you out wouldn’t hurt.
Taking a moment (or two) to appreciate the present can turn a whole day (or more) around. Spending a few seconds just to appreciate the people and the places around you can make the rest of the stress seem less daunting.
So get out there and fly a kite, read a book, take a walk, slowly sip your latte, or whatever you need to do to take in the moment.
…and if you need an excuse, April is National Kite Month…just sayin’.
…just for fun:
Share The Crusade:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)