While the New Year may be feeling a little old at this point (we are five days in), you’ll have to pardon me while I continue to celebrate its newness for yet another day.
For many 2017 might seem predestined for, at best mediocrity, and at worst total destruction of all they hold near and dear. So, today I thought I’d share a few bright spots in what might seem like a not so bright new year.
- This summer parts of US will be able to witness a total solar eclipse (that’s when the moon completely blocks out the sun). It’ll be the first time since 1979 that parts of the US will be able to witness this astronomical event.
- Speaking of space, “Star Wars: Episode VIII” comes out this year.
- Speaking of pop culture nerds, the next season of “Game of Thrones” starts this summer, and before that, the sixth book by George R.R. Martin might finally being released this spring.
- For the tech nerds, there’s some strong rumors that not one but two iPhones will be released in 2017.
- “Hamilton” is going on tour, so you might finally be able to get a ticket.
- Amazon is expanding its drone program, meaning your dream of having your latest online purchase delivered by drone could come true this year.
While this is by no means a complete list, it’s a good place to start, and it doesn’t even include the amazing things we don’t even know about yet. If that doesn’t have you feeling slightly more optimistic, might I suggest adding “be more positive,” to your list of New Year’s resolutions.
…just for fun:
Something else to look forward to…