Posted by Stephanie
If you’re a Girl Scout cookie enthusiast (aka living and breathing) then you likely have your favorite (Samoas), and have likely encountered a fellow Girl Scout cooking enthusiast (aka others who are living and breathing) all excited to start sharing your love of cookies, and then it starts, the great “cookie name debate.”
- Trefoils vs. Shortbreads
- Samoas vs. Caramel deLites
- Tagalongs vs. Peanut Butter Patties
- Do-si-dos vs. Peanut Butter Sandwiches
- Thin Mints vs. Thin Mints (different recipes, same name)
Things can get ugly when you challenge the identity of these beloved cookies. America, I have the answers you seek (courtesy of the LA Times): the Girl Scouts use different bakers in different parts of the country.
I’m not picking sides, but Little Brownie Bakers got a little more imaginative with their names than ABC Bakers.
Now, can’t we all just get along? What better day to put our Girl Scout cookie differences aside than today, Natinal Girl Scout Day. It’s what Juliette Gordon Low would want.
Share The Crusade:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About StephanieI've been blogging since 2009 along with my twin sister Zer. Together we are 2WC. I blog. I run. I love books, theater, movies, optimism, Oxford commas, and caffeine.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.