This week kicked off the film awards season with nominees being announced yesterday for the Screen Actors Guild Awards and today for the Golden Globes.
While there will be plenty of time to praise the nominees, today is all about those who didn’t make the final ballot. For the sake of keeping this somewhat brief, today’s “best of the snubbed” list is limited to the Golden Globes, but SAGs, you know who you forgot…
On that, I give you this year’s top snubs…according to me. Those who made this year’s snubbed list can take comfort in the fact that they have some impressive company:
- “Sons of Anarchy” — haven’t watched a single second of this show, but considering its incredibly loyal fan base, and the fact that they just wrapped up their final season…kind of surprised the Golden Globes didn’t throw them a bone.
- Ben Affleck “Gone Girl” — I’m beginning to think someone at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association really doesn’t like him. But on the bright side, that didn’t stop them from nominating his costar, Rosamund Pike.
- Anna Kendrick “Into the Woods” — Okay, so I haven’t seen this one yet, but I have seen “Pitch Perfect,” so I feel that qualifies me to be outraged by this snub. Although, I am even more excited about seeing Emily Blunt (who did get a nomination) as the Baker’s Wife.
- “Parks and Recreation” — There are no words…well almost no words. Not only was the show not nominated for best comedy, it was completely shutout across the board. The show’s star, Amy Poehler, is co-hosting!! Obviously someone there is a fan…okay, now there are no more words.
- “Mr. Peabody and Sherman” — I won’t name names, but I think you could have found some room on this year’s list of nominees…
More on the Story: Washington Post
…just for fun: