With one week until the Academy Awards, 2WC is proud to announce our first annual Woulda Coulda Shoulda Awards.
The film awards for all the snubbees of the Oscars, where those who were overlooked by the Academy will at least be acknowledged by 2WC for their exceptional work.
Without further ado, the nominees:
- Zer: Ryan Gosling (Drive)
- Stephanie: Ryan Gosling (Crazy, Stupid, Love)
- 2WC: Ryan Gosling (The Ides of March) – Seriously, what does the man have to do to get some recognition? Lars and the Real Girl and Blue Valentine…to name a few.
- Zer: Malin Akerman (Happythankyoumoreplease)
- Stephanie: Amy Ryan (Win Win)
- 2WC: Mia Wasikowska (Jane Eyre) – Even Meryl Streep agrees with us on this one.
Before we move on to the “Best Picture” nominees, a little explanation is in order. For those who are unaware, the Academy can nominate up to 10 films for “Best Picture.” This year, only nine were deemed worthy (List of Eligible Films), or to put it in their own language (best read aloud in your best Monty Python “holy hand grenade” voice):
The pictures receiving the highest number of votes shall become the nominations for final voting for the Best Picture award. There may not be more than ten nor fewer than five nominations; however, no picture shall be nominated that receives less than five percent of the total votes cast.
And with that, we give you 2WC’s nominees for the tenth “Best Picture” nominee:
- Zer: The Rise of the Planet of the Apes – Because this is the closest Andy Serkis may ever come to a “Best Actor” nomination.
- Stephanie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 – A well done, magical ending to a well done (not to mention history making) franchise…more than worthy.
- 2WC: My Week With Marilyn – We realize there’s a slim chance that a summer blockbuster will ever be nominated for “Best Picture” (they can’t all be Inception).
…just for fun: